About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Hawaiian Rolls: Copy Cat Recipe

I am not sure where I found this copycat recipe for the Hawaiian Rolls a couple of years ago; however, no matter the occasion, whether Thanksgiving, Christmas or an everyday dinner they are fantastic and will not last long.
 

Ingredients for Hawaiian Rolls:

  • 1/2 cup pineapple juice; room temperature 
  • 1/2 cup warm milk (100 – 110°F)
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 6 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan salt; my preference
  • 2 1/4  teaspoons instant yeast
  • 4 1/2  cups bread flour

For baking:

  • 1 large egg plus 2 tablespoon of water for the egg wash


Directions for making Hawaiian Rolls:

 

I use a bread maker for making all my breads. At one time, my younger years, I mixed and kneaded it all by hand. I do like my bread maker, however, you use the method most comfortable for you.

  1. Combine the pineapple juice, warm milk, melted butter, eggs, sugar, salt, and yeast.
    Egg washed and ready for the oven
  2.  Add the flour little by little and stir and mix until it's a ball.  Keep kneading the dough until it becomes a smooth ball of dough. (See why I like my bread maker)
  3. Place the dough in a clean bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until puffy and doubled in size, about 1 hour. In the bread maker this step is not necessary, on the dough setting it will mix, heat and rise automatically.
  4. Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit. 
  5.  Spray a 13-inch×9-inch glass baking pan with baking spray. Punch down the dough and divide to 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place in the prepared pan, brush each roll with the egg wash and allow them to rise once again.
  6. Bake the Hawaiian rolls for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment