About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Gluten-Free Applesauce Bread Recipe



I made fresh applesauce from our neighbor’s un-sprayed apple trees to take to a family gathering. When the gathering was postponed, I wasn’t quite sure what to do with it all, it was far too much for me to eat by myself, therefore, Gluten-Free Applesauce Bread was made.

I had used Taste of Home recipe for applesauce bread before, however, now that I need gluten free things as well as many family members, I adapted this recipe to suit all the no dairy, no gluten ingredients needed in the families diet and have been told it was fantastic.

 

Ingredients to make Gluten-Free Applesauce Bread

  • 2/3 cup coconut oil; softened
  • 2 cup sugar
  • 2 egg
  • 2 ½  cups unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 ½  teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 ½  teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 teaspoons of xanthan gum or ground flax seed 
  • 3 cups All-purpose gluten-free flour; I use Bob Red Mills
  • 1 cup raisins; optional
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts; optional

 

Directions to make Gluten-Free Applesauce Bread

  1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
  2. In a large  bowl add ingredients as listed, mixing well adding flour a little bit as a time until combined thoroughly.  If using raisins and nuts fold them in.
  3. Pour the batter into 2 greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
  4. Cool before removing from pan, slicing and enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment