About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Aunt Thelma's Banana Bread Recipe



Warm fresh baked banana bread is good, however, Aunt Thelma's banana banana bread recipe is excellent, moist and so easy to make. Bananas are great sources of vitamins, such as B6, C and Potassium, and loaded with fiber too. According to world’s healthiest foods, “Bananas are one of our best sources of potassium, an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function. Since the average banana contains a whopping 467 mg of potassium and only 1 mg of sodium, a banana a day may help to prevent high blood pressure and protect against atherosclerosis.”
As long as you do not get crazy and eat the whole loaf of banana bread, you are adding goodness to your diet. Consider making Bake Aunt Thelma's Banana Bread recipe.

Ingredients to make Aunt Thelma’s Banana Bread:

  • 2 cups coconut sugar
  • 1 cup butter or olive oil
  • 6 very ripe bananas mashed
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 loaf pans

Instructions on how to make Aunt Thelma’s Banana Bread:


  1. Move your oven rack so it is in the center. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If your oven does not have a timer, 20 minutes will suffice.
  2. Sift dry ingredients; salt, baking soda and flour, 3 times and set aside for later.
  3. Mash the bananas, mix in the sugar, softened butter and eggs. Beat it well.
  4. Add in flour mix little by little and mix well.
  5. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake in the preheated 350-degree oven for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Slice it up warm and enjoy!


Tip: I got the banana bread recipe from my aunt however; another person shared with me how she simply swirls a fork through the mixture to make it light and fluffy. Great idea to keep in mind and share with others in case they do not have a sifter.

No comments:

Post a Comment