I used to make chipped beef on toast just like mom, however, now days I am making it a bit healthier. Let me show you how you can make your SOS or chipped beef on toast healthier too.
Ingredients needed for Healthy Shit on Shingles:
• 2 (2 oz) packages of thinly sliced Chicken or Turkey
• 1 onion; chopped
• 4 Tbsp olive oil
• Molly McButter Sprinkles (optional)
• 4 heaping Tbsp all-purpose flour
• 4 cups milk
• Hearty healthy bread; choice
• Salt, Pepper and Garlic to taste
Instructions on making healthy shit of shingles:
1) Heat the olive oil; add the diced onions and sauté. Tear the thin slices of meat into little pieces and add to the onions. Stir around until coated with the olive oil and continue to sauté until the onions.
2) Add the flour and stir until the olive oil is absorbed. This is making a rue.
3) Pour in the milk and stir until it makes your white sauce gravy. Turn on low heat and let simmer.
4) Make your toast, with your good healthy bread.
5) Put your warm toast on your plate and pour your white sauce gravy over the top.
6) Enjoy your healthy version of SOS aka shit on shingles/Chipped beef on toast.
- If you would rather have regular chipped beef on toast, replace the chicken/turkey for chipped beef and sauté in margarine or butter. Since I do not eat red meat, I will continue to use my recipe for Healthy Shit on Shingles.