About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Healthy Shit on Shingles Recipe aka Chipped Beef on Toast

I have been thinking how my dad called chipped beef on toast SOS or Shit on shingles. He learned that term when he was in the service and he said it tasted like shit. My mom used to get so mad when he would say those words; however, it has made a wonderful memory for me.
I used to make chipped beef on toast just like mom, however, now days I am making it a bit healthier. Let me show you how you can make your SOS or chipped beef on toast healthier too.

Ingredients needed for Healthy Shit on Shingles:

• 2 (2 oz) packages of thinly sliced Chicken or Turkey
• 1 onion; chopped
• 4 Tbsp olive oil
• Molly McButter Sprinkles (optional)
• 4 heaping Tbsp all-purpose flour
• 4 cups milk
• Hearty healthy bread; choice
• Salt, Pepper and Garlic to taste

Instructions on making healthy shit of shingles:

1) Heat the olive oil; add the diced onions and sauté. Tear the thin slices of meat into little pieces and add to the onions. Stir around until coated with the olive oil and continue to sauté until the onions. 

2) Add the flour and stir until the olive oil is absorbed. This is making a rue. 
3) Pour in the milk and stir until it makes your white sauce gravy. Turn on low heat and let simmer.
4) Make your toast, with your good healthy bread.
5) Put your warm toast on your plate and pour your white sauce gravy over the top.
6) Enjoy your healthy version of SOS aka shit on shingles/Chipped beef on toast.

  • If you would rather have regular chipped beef on toast, replace the chicken/turkey for chipped beef and sauté in margarine or butter. Since I do not eat red meat, I will continue to use my recipe for Healthy Shit on Shingles.

No comments:

Post a Comment