About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

When you found out you had Celiac Disease, gluten intolerance, did you feel your life of eating anything that tasted good was out of your future? This recipe for gluten-free chocolate chip cookies is fantastic and totally gluten-free. 
From now on, baking is different in my home. I have family members that have wheat intolerance and some that have Celiac Disease. With my mom’s love of family, baking and sharing, I knew I had to give it a chance. As the cereal says, these have been kid tested and husband approved.

Ingredients for making Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies:
• ½-Cup of  butter or coconut oil
• ½-Cup olive oil
• ¾-Cup Gluten-Free brown sugar
• ¾-Cup granulated sugar
• 2 Eggs
• 1 Tsp Soda
• 1 Tsp salt
• 1 Tsp pure vanilla
• 2 ¾-Cup cornstarch ****
• 1 Package Nestles (gluten-free) chocolate chips
• Cookie sheets
• Parchment baking sheets

Instructions on baking Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies:

**I don’t believe in wasting time or dishes, one bowl will suffice.

1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. If you do not have a timer, 20 minutes will suffice.
2. Combine in a mixing bowl, the oils, eggs and sugar.
3. Add the soda, salt and vanilla and beat.
4. Setting the mixer on low, add little by little the cornstarch until mixed thoroughly.
5. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Drop cookie dough a teaspoonful at a time on the cookie sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes. Remove cookies from the cookie sheets after they have cooled. 

  • Warning, unlike chocolate chip cookies made with flour these gluten-free cookies are on the crispy side instead of the soft side.
  •  If you do not have Gluten-Free brown sugar you can use all white granulated sugar, they will just be lighter in color.
  • It is extremely important when cooking or baking for people with Celiac Disease to use clean pans and spatulas so they do not become cross-contaminated with any gluten.   
    ****I made these with cornstarch before the herbalist told me to cut back on corn products. I want to try making them with tapioca flour next.

Ezekiel 4:12; KJV "And thou shalt eat it [as] barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight."        

3 comments:

  1. These cookies look great... and SO healthy! Thanks for stopping by my bbq cheesy popcorn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, those chocolate chip cookies look mighty tasty. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do healthy and tasty. Thanks for sharing with us.

    God bless, Judy

    ReplyDelete