|Hyacinths would make a great scent for fabric softener.|
Everyone knows the prices of the essential things in life just keeps rising, therefore, making your own homemade fabric softener with this inexpensive and easy recipe is a must try.
Vinegar has many good properties and fabric softener is no exception. I know people that use nothing but vinegar, however, I like my clothes to smell and feel a little better.
Ingredients for Homemade Fabric Softener:
- 6 Cups water
- 3 Cups of white vinegar
- 1-15 ounce bottle inexpensive hair conditioner/cream rinse
- Empty bottle
1) Knowing you were going to make your own homemade fabric softener you saved the last bottle from the one you purchased. If not any plastic jug will work.
2) You can purchase the vinegar and hair conditioner at any store using any brand. The dollar stores or local grocery stores are a great place to purchase them. Our local Martin’s grocery store features V05 products many times very inexpensively.
3) By using hair conditioner, you can make your fabric softener any scent you prefer. I like the light floral scents.
4) Vinegar is the same way; no need for the overpriced name brand, the cheap store brand white vinegar will work; when it is on sale simply stock up.
5) Mix the vinegar, water and hair conditioner in a bottle, shake up and use!
There you have it, another inexpensive recipe. This one is homemade fabric softener, have you tried my homemade laundry soap recipe?