About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Cherry Nut Bread like Bob Evans

Many restaurants, such as Bob Evans Restaurant, make their own signature quick bread, using the fruit that is in season. Bob Evans cherry nut bread is one of those of breads, if you like theirs, you will love this easy recipe.
Cherries from the neighbors tree
My cherry nut bread recipe is a very easy bread recipe, it is so light and fluffy, and for me eating just one piece is impossible. 

The little red fruit called a cherry has many health benefits as well as making great tasting bread. According to NBCNEWS.com, Tart cherries contain melatonin, which helps provide a good night’s sleep, as well as being high in antioxidants and fighting arthritis pain.

Wow would have that one little cherry could be so good for you? What are you waiting for; bake a loaf or two of cherry nut bread for your friends and family.

Cherry Banana Bread
Ingredients needed to make cherry nut bread like Bob Evans:
 
• ½ cup olive oil
• 2 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp salt
• 16 oz sour cream
• ½ cup maraschino cherry juice
• 4 cups sifted flour
• 1 cup cherries; tart cherries have the best health value
• 1 cup walnuts; chopped

Instructions to make cherry nut bread like Bob Evans:
 
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, if you do not have a timer on your oven, 20 minutes will suffice.
2. Combine the sugar, eggs and olive oil. *The original recipe called for brown sugar and I tried it that way however I liked the results of the cherry bread better with white sugar.
3. Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
4. Pour in the cherry juice along with the sour cream and continue to mix. Little by little, add the sifted flour. * If you do not have a sifter, you can simply run a fork through the flour to fluff it up. In addition, it does.
5. Cutting your cherries up ahead of time is how the original recipe said to do it, however, I did that the first time I made the bread and the pieces were just too small. *On the second attempt to make the bread I put the cherries in the batter and used the beaters to chop them up a bit.
6. Add the walnuts and stir.
7. Pour the batter into 2 greased loaf pans.
8. Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes, depending on your oven, or until the cherry nut bread is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment