I made fresh applesauce from our neighbor’s un-sprayed apple trees to take to a family gathering. When the gathering was postponed, I wasn’t quite sure what to do with it all, it was far too much for me to eat by myself, therefore, Gluten-Free Applesauce Bread was made.
I had used Taste of Home recipe for applesauce bread before, however, now that I need gluten free things as well as many family members, I adapted this recipe to suit all the no dairy, no gluten ingredients needed in the families diet and have been told it was fantastic.
Ingredients to make Gluten-Free Applesauce Bread
- 2/3 cup coconut oil; softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons of xanthan gum or ground flax seed
- 3 cups All-purpose gluten-free flour; I use Bob Red Mills
- 1 cup raisins; optional
- 1 cup chopped walnuts; optional
Directions to make Gluten-Free Applesauce Bread
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add ingredients as listed, mixing well adding flour a little bit as a time until combined thoroughly. If using raisins and nuts fold them in.
- Pour the batter into 2 greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan, slicing and enjoying.