Eating gluten-free can be a tad challenging but not impossible. I hadn't found a gluten-free pie crust and I really did not need any extra calories, therefore, I decided baking it in glass baking dish was a much better idea.
Using Blue Diamond vanilla almond cashew milk instead of vanilla extract and Mil-not was another change. If I were making it for my niece I would have used coconut oil instead of butter too. Do not be afraid to play with recipes.
Ingredients for Gluten-Free Sweet Yellow Squash Custard
- 2 Cups yellow squash; cooked peeling seeds and all
- 1 1/2-2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups vanilla almond cashew milk
- 4 tbsp Tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil
Instructions on making Gluten-Free Sweet Yellow Squash Custard
- After cooking the squash, drain the excess water, and pour it in a blender. Mix it until a nice smooth consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to blend it all together.
- Pour into a 9-in X 13-in baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the center is done and does not jiggle.