About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Monday, February 2, 2015

BBQ Potato Chip Recipe



Homemade BBQ Chips
Saturday, I made regular crisp and salty potato chips with the new OXO SoftWorks handheld Mandoline Slicer the hubby bought me, and today I wanted to try my hand at something a little different, therefore, I am making sweet potato chips and BBQ potato chips. I must say from the sampling I did, they are might tasty.


Ingredients for BBQ Potato Chips:


  • Potatoes of all varieties; Red, Yellow, White and Blue
  • Oil; olive, peanut or canola
  • BBQ Seasoning:

o      2 tbsp Paprika

o      4 tbsp Chili powder

o      4 tsp Cumin

o      6 tsp Himalayan salt

o      2 tsp Onion powder

o      2 tsp Garlic powder

o      2 tsp Brown sugar

o      2 tsp Black pepper


Instructions for making BBQ Potato Chips:

Thinly sliced potatoes

  1. Wash and scrub the potatoes, I used our homegrown, nearly organic potatoes.
  2. Preheat the oil, we do not have an electric fryer, therefore I use the cast iron Dutch oven and fill it with oil.
  3. Slice the potatoes as thin as you can. I once had a wheel for my food processor however, it broke therefore I used the new handheld Mandoline Slicer, it has three settings and I sliced them on the lowest setting.
  4. Before frying, make sure the potatoes are dry.
  5. Fry the potatoes in small batches, stir or shake them to ensure all the potatoes are crisply fried.
  6. Sprinkle the potatoes with the BBQ seasoning. The amount you use is totally up to you and your taste buds.


Store the extra BBQ seasoning in an airtight container for the next batch of BBQ potato chips you make.


                             

No comments:

Post a Comment