About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Peachy Goodness: Making Peach Honey



I love honey and when my daughter said with her excess unsprayed chemical free pears she researched and made pear honey. I had that ah hah moment and used the neighbors apples to make apple honey, it is so delicious my brother and sister-n-law wanted more and learn how to make it for themselves.
When the same neighbor had unsprayed chemical free peach trees, I made an abundance of peach juice, which goes well with orange juice; however, I had a gallon jug that I could not possibly drink by myself and no one else really liked it. Well I decided to make peach honey to see if the family likes it on the great homemade wheat bread I make.
“Peach nutrition: A large peach has fewer than 70 calories and contains 3 grams of fiber, it is also a good source of vitamins A and C”, according to WebMD.
In addition, according to MedicalNewsToday.com , “One raw medium peach (147 grams) has 50 calories, 0.5 grams of fat, 0 grams of cholesterol and sodium, 15 grams of carbohydrate, 13 grams of sugar, 2 grams of fiber and 1 gram of protein. It provides 6% of your daily vitamin A needs and 15% of daily vitamin C needs.
One medium peach also contains 2% or more daily value of vitamins E and K, niacin, folate, iron, choline, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, zinc and copper.”

 Ingredients for Peachy Goodness and Making Peach Honey:

  • 16 cups fresh Peach juice, preferably organic peaches
  • 8 cups of sugar, stevia in the raw or combination of both
  • Juice of 1 lemon; optional yet preferred
  • Yield 8-10 jelly jars or 5 pint jars
Herb Bread Recipe

Instructions how to make Peach Honey:

    1. Bring the peach juice to a boil, when it is a roaring boil, stir in the sugar and continue to boil until it is the consistency of honey. When you think it is getting close, dish some out to cool.
    2. After cooling is complete, it will show you if you are ready to jar up or continue cooking.
    3. Using hot sterilized jars fill the jars with a little headspace.
    4. Wipe the top of the jar with a wet paper towel, put on a hot lid and screw the ring down.
If you do not want to make a large batch just use the rule of thumb, 2 parts juice to 1 part sugar.  If watching your calories try reducing the sugar and using stevia in its place.
If your family likes honey made by bees as our family does, they will love the homemade peachy goodness and peach honey as well as apple honey, as it is oh so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment