About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Homemade Laundry Soap Recipe


Ingredients for homemade laundry soap
Have you joined the ranks of consumers who are tired of paying inflated prices at the stores? Have you ever considered making your own laundry detergent to help save money? 


Using three ingredients, you can make 5-gallons of liquid laundry soap for pennies per load. Why waste your hard-earned money; make your own laundry soap and save money.



Ingredients for Homemade Laundry Soap Recipe:


  • 1 bar Fels Naptha Laundry Soap; grated 
  • 6 cups water
  • 1 ½ cup Arm and Hammer super washing soda
  • 1 ½ cup 20 mule team borax
  • 5-gallon bucket
  • Empty laundry soap bottles/milk jugs
  • Mixer; optional 
  • Lavender Essential Oil; optional


Instructions for Homemade Laundry Soap Recipe:


1.     Using a large pan, heat 6 cups water, add the Fels Naptha soap and keep simmering until the soap melts. If you need more water, simply add hot water.

2.     While still on low heat, stir in washing soda and Borax, continue stirring while keeping it on the heat and until the powder is dissolved.

3.     Taking the 5-gallon bucket, fill it ½ full with hot water, add the hot soap mixture and stir.

4.     Fill the 5-gallon bucket with cold water to make 5 gallon of homemade laundry soap; mix until well blended. After cooled add a few drops of lavender essential until desired scent is reached.

5.     Let the laundry soap sit for 24 hours. The soap will thicken and look like gel. Using a mixer, (I was blessed to have an electric drill with dough hook from elephant ear making days) stir the bucket full until it is smooth enough to pour into empty jugs.

6.     Use ½ cup for each load of laundry.


Mix or shake up to pour in bottles


There you have it, 5-gallons of easy to make and inexpensive homemade laundry soap. Wow why buy commercial laundry soap when you can save money by making it at home.




Homemade Fabric Softener


                    

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog,
    I am going to make this. I think I can get the items I don't have at Dollar General when I get a ride. Thank you for sharing your blog with me.

    ReplyDelete