About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies: Church Ladies Recipe

Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip
In 1977 the Teegarden Brethren Church W.M.S.  published a cookbook of tried and true recipes. I use this book quite often and the pages definitely look it. One of the recipes I have probably made the most is the chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Ingredients for the Church Ladies Chocolate Chip Cookies:

  • 1 cup real butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  •  1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp hot water
  • 2 3/4 flour
  • 1 small package chocolate chips; I use Dark Chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup nuts; chopped and optional
Chocolate Chip Cookies










Instructions to make Chocolate Chip Cookies:
  1.  Combine the ingredients in the order listed. 
  2. No need to sift dry ingredients and flours anymore although in the cookbook has it listed in the to do list. Add the flour little by little while mixing.
  3. Last but not least add the chocolate chips. I think a whole bag per batch is too much so use 1/2 bag.
  4. Either on parchment paper or greased cookie sheet, drop by the teaspoonful and bake for 12 minutes at 375 degree Fahrenheit. 
  5. Ovens vary, therefore, place one cookie in to test the time before filling all your cookie sheets and baking.
  6. You will be baking for your family design the recipe to suit your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment