About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Homemade Sage Bread Dressing

I grew up watching my mom make sage bread dressing; however, it was not until an adult learned the real secret is the fresh Turkey broth and sage that goes with it. I also learned the hard way; you can use too much sage. Be careful too much will make your dressing bitter. Therefore, forget that box stuffing; this recipe for homemade sage bread dressing is made in our home and I hope it is in yours too.

Ingredients for Sage Bread Dressing: 


  • Bread crumbs from fresh or stale bread; 1-2 loaves
  • 2-cups celery; chopped
  • 1 large onion; chopped
  • 3 or 4 eggs
  • 2 tbsp sage
  • Garlic powder; to taste
  • Onion powder; to taste
  • Salt and black pepper; to taste
  • 2 tbsp chicken bouillon; simply for added flavor
  • 4-cups Turkey broth
  • Turkey; chopped
  • 13-inch x 9- inch baking dish

 

Instructions to make Sage Bread Dressing:

 

1)    Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. If you do not have a timer on your oven, 10 minutes will be sufficient.
2)    Use any inexpensive fresh or day old bread, and tear it apart and put in your 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
3)    Chop up two cups of celery and one large onion and add to the breadcrumbs.
4)    Add two tablespoons each, of sage and chicken bouillon. Add garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
5)    Put three or four eggs in the breadcrumbs and mix.
6)    Snitch four cups of juices from the turkey.
7)    Bake 30-40 minutes.


To me homemade sage bread dressing  is good all year round; why wait until a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment