About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Gluten-Free Magic Custard Cake

Gluten-free magic custard cake
I love it when a recipe from Facebook actually turns out as good as promised. Many times friends and family will share and share the post, and never even try it. I have gotten frustrated too many times following what I thought was a tried and true recipe, only to find out no one had actually made it.
 
With that said, I typically follow the recipe the first go round just to see if it will turn out, however, the original this magic custard cake was not Gluten-Free, therefore, I knew that modification needed done right off the bat. The other change I made was I used almond milk and pure vanilla. When you are making things Gluten-Free this is an essential part of baking.
 

 

 


Ingredients to make the Gluten-Free Magic Custard Cake:

 


·       4 eggs (whites separated from  yolks), room temp

·       1 tsp pure vanilla

·       ¾  cup sugar

·       1 stick butter; melted

·       ¾  cup Gluten-Free all purpose flour; I used Bob Red Mills

·       2 cups Almond milk; lukewarm

·       powdered sugar for dusting cake

·       cinnamon/sugar optional

 
Instructions to make the Gluten-Free Magic Custard Cake:


1.     Preheat the oven to 325-Fahrenheit degrees. Grease the sides of a spring-loaded pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.

2.     Separate eggs and add the egg whites to a mixer and beat egg whites stiff. Place egg whites in a bowl and set aside.

3.     Beat the egg yolks and sugar until light in texture.

4.     Add the butter and vanilla and beat for two minutes. 

5.     Add the flour and mix it in until fully incorporated.

6.     Slowly start adding the milk and beat until everything mixed.

7.     Add the egg whites a little at a time; gently fold them in using a spatula, repeat until all egg whites are folded in.  

8.     Pour the batter into baking dish and bake for approx 60 minutes or until the top is lightly golden. 

9.     Cool and dust with powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar or both.

10.  Slice the gluten-free magic custard cake and enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment