About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Challah: Apple Cinnamon Pull-Apart Recipe

I was watching The Chew and Challywood Jewish Bakery in California was featured on the show. Some of the Challah’s were the traditional braided variety; however, the one that caught my eye was the Apple Cinnamon pull-apart Challah.


I went on the search for the recipe to make a Challah. Most of the dough recipes were very similar, it was the way they were assembled or topped, that made the difference.

Some of the apple cinnamon Challah recipes seem a tad complicated; therefore, I used the recipe in my bread machine book and tried mimicking what I remembered Challywood saying about their apple cinnamon pull-apart recipe. Of course, Challywood did not give out their recipe so this is just a simulation of the real thing.


Ingredients for making an Apple Cinnamon Pull-Apart Challah:

  • 2 Eggs at room temperature; plus enough water at 80 degrees F to make 1 ½ cups
  • 2 tsp yeast
  • ¼-Cup oil
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 4 ½ Cups bread flour 
Topping:
  • Apples; diced
  • Cinnamon and sugar
Glaze:
  • 2 Egg yolks
  • 1 Tbsp water
Instructions for making an Apple Cinnamon Pull-Apart Challah:

1)    Using a bread maker, add the ingredients in the order listed. Set it to dough and let it go. It will take over an hour to mix and rise.
2)    Punch it down and transfer to a flour or oiled surface. I could not remember how many balls they had so I divided mine into 12 balls. Attempt to make the balls the same size, however, if they are not; do not fret.
3)    Liberally place apple chunks between each ball and even a few under and on top of them. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, the amount you use is up to you.
4)    Place the pan in a warm humid place and allow the balls to double in size. Dab with the egg yolk glaze and place in a preheated oven set at 350 degrees.
5)    Bake for 25-30 minutes.

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment