About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Monday, July 18, 2011

How to Make Cupcakes Using Waffle Cones

My grandson waited very patiently for his cupcake.

Making cupcakes is an easy recipe; however, using waffle cones are even better.
When our grandchildren come to visit, I want to make something extra special that they will really enjoy.  Cupcakes with a lot of chocolate frosting would always do that, but I surprised them even more by baking them in waffle cones. The sweet taste of the edible waffle cone as a cupcake holder made the cupcakes special.
Let me show you a few tips on How to make cupcakes using waffle cones. 

 

Ingredients to make cupcakes using waffle cones:

  • Waffle cones
  • Cake mix or cake recipe from scratch
  • Bundt/angel food cake pan
  • Heavy Aluminum foil
  • Frosting

Instructions to make cupcakes using waffle cones:

  1. Preheat the oven set at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. You will mix the cake according to the directions on the back of the box, the one I purchased called simply for water, eggs and oil. If you prefer to make a homemade cake from scratch to make it even more special that is quite OK.
  3. A Bundt cake pan is the best kind of pan for the job. I tried to use a spring form pan however; it was not deep enough to allow the waffle cones to stand up.
  4. Take heavy foil maybe even two layers and cover the cake pan. Stick cones in the foil.
  5. You want to fill the cones just as you would any cupcake. Make them about 3/4 full.
  6. Bake the cupcakes in the waffle cones in an oven set at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for approx 20-30 minutes. You will have to test them just like any other cake. When you smell them and know when they are getting close to done, insert a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment