|My grandson waited very patiently for his cupcake.|
Making cupcakes is an easy recipe; however, using waffle cones are even better.
When our grandchildren come to visit, I want to make something extra special that they will really enjoy. Cupcakes with a lot of chocolate frosting would always do that, but I surprised them even more by baking them in waffle cones. The sweet taste of the edible waffle cone as a cupcake holder made the cupcakes special.
Let me show you a few tips on How to make cupcakes using waffle cones.
Ingredients to make cupcakes using waffle cones:
- Waffle cones
- Cake mix or cake recipe from scratch
- Bundt/angel food cake pan
- Heavy Aluminum foil
Instructions to make cupcakes using waffle cones:
- Preheat the oven set at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You will mix the cake according to the directions on the back of the box, the one I purchased called simply for water, eggs and oil. If you prefer to make a homemade cake from scratch to make it even more special that is quite OK.
- A Bundt cake pan is the best kind of pan for the job. I tried to use a spring form pan however; it was not deep enough to allow the waffle cones to stand up.
- Take heavy foil maybe even two layers and cover the cake pan. Stick cones in the foil.
- You want to fill the cones just as you would any cupcake. Make them about 3/4 full.
- Bake the cupcakes in the waffle cones in an oven set at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for approx 20-30 minutes. You will have to test them just like any other cake. When you smell them and know when they are getting close to done, insert a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, it is done.