About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Gluten-Free Apple Crisp Recipe

It is apple time once again and as in the last few years, the neighbor is not using any of them, therefore, the taking is all mine. 

I have picked and juiced, took a truck load of apples to our daughter to juice, given some to the church's soup kitchen and given apples to family and friends.

Now having fresh un-sprayed apples at my disposal means baking some too, and apple crisp is a family favorite.
Ready for the oven


Yep you guessed it, this is how much I love my family that have a gluten intolerance, it is gluten-free apple crisp with freshly picked and sliced apples ready to hit the oven. I think I will wait until tomorrow to bake it or it might be gone before I get to the fall family get together. 

Ingredients for Gluten-Free Apple Crisp:  

  •  9-inch x 13-inch baking dish 
  • 10-12 large apples; sliced thin
  • 1-cup of white sugar
  • dusting of apple pie spice

topping:

  • 1-cup butter, slightly melted
  • 2-cups of brown sugar
  • 2-cups of all purpose gluten-free flour
  •  cinnamon, optional
Hot out of the oven!

Instructions to make Gluten-Free Apple Crisp: 

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit.
  2. Taking the 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish evenly spread out the apple slices. 
  3. Cover the apples with the white sugar and sprinkle with apple pie spice.
  4. Combine, butter, sugar and gluten-free flour until you  have a moist yet crumbly mixture.
  5. Spread evenly over the apples and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
  6. Bake 1 hour in a 325 degree oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment