About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Mercy Me: Dear Younger Me



I read a very interesting post on Facebook this morning about Mercy Me and the lead singer Bart Millard. At one time, he was just ready to quit the band, chuck it all in. Personally, I am glad that did not happen as Mercy Me has had some tremendous music since 1994.

 

You can read the full story of Mercy Me and Bart Millard on NewSound in Christian Rock:


While reading a bit of information that I had never heard before, Bart talked about his rough childhood, I cannot say mine was rough; however, we all make mistakes we wish we could have a do over for. He is a songwriter therefore composed a song for the band to sing.



I am not a singer songwriter but have often had similar thoughts and had to remind myself that God and is infinite love, mercy and grace will forgive all your past mistakes. All you need to do is simply ask him too. Do you need to ask forgiveness and then move on? What kind of song would you write to and for yourself?



1 John 1:8-9; NIV If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.



I loved Mercy Me's, "Dear Younger Me" and wanted to share with you. If you enjoy it, share my post so others can hear it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment