About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Good Friday and Easter

On Good Friday and Easter keep in mind that we serve a risen savior! Isn't that the best news you could ever hear? It is for me, without Jesus Christ the son of God there is no hope. So while some choose to hang colored eggs from the trees, that supposedly come from bunny's, keep in mind the empty cross and all that it represents. 

  • Our sins
  • Our pain
  • Our shame

 Luke 24:36-44 (NIV)

Jesus Appears to the Disciples
 While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”
  They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost.  He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”
  When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence. 
 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Linked to: Foodie Friday

3 comments:

  1. Great reminder of the meaning of the Easter holiday Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And our eternal life as we are forgiven. We serve a risen Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday. I hope you had a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete