About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Apple Honey: Oh so Delicious



Hand picked apples for apple juice
This recipe is a result of my daughter having an abundance of pears leading her to look up how to make pear honey. The recipe she found was different than this one as it has pineapple juice and more sugar.
Well thinking how she found pear honey as her pear trees were loaded this year, got my mind whirling as I have access to an abundance of apples next door.
I thought it was worth a shot trying my hand at apple honey and oh is it delicious.

Ingredients for apple honey:
  • 12 cups fresh apple juice
  • 6 cups of sugar, stevia in the raw or combination of both
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • Yield 6-7 jelly jars
    apple honey at full boil
Instructions how to make apple honey:
    1. Bring the apple juice to a boil, when it is a roaring boil, stir in the sugar and continue to boil until it is the consistency of honey. When you think it is getting close, dish some out to cool.
    2. After cooling is complete, it will show you if you are ready to jar up or continue cooking.
    3. Using hot sterilized jars fill the jars with a little headspace.
    4. Wipe the top of the jar with a wet paper towel, put on a hot lid and screw the ring down.
If you do not want to make a large batch just use the rule of thumb, 2 parts juice to 1 part sugar. For peach honey, simply replace the apple juice with peach juice. If your family likes honey made by bees, they will love apple or peach honey as it is oh so delicious.                      

No comments:

Post a Comment