About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Herb Bread Recipe: High Gluten and Delicious



Herb Bread: High Gluten and Delicious
Last year I made assorted breads for the craft show at our church and one of them was this Herb Bread. I do find it ironic that the Herb Bread Recipe is high gluten, and others I made was Gluten-Free Breads and yet all sold very well.
I have tried to make the Herb Bread Gluten-Free but it did not turn out fluffy at all. It tasted good but was very dense.
If you desire sandwich bread that is fluffy and delicious, this Herb Bread Recipe will do the trick.

Ingredients for Herb Bread:

  • 2 tbsp active dry yeast
  • 2 cups warm water
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • ¼-cup oil
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 1 tbsp basil
  • 1 tbsp oregano
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 Egg
  • ½ cup Romano cheese, optional
  • 6 cups bread flour

Instructions to make Herb Bread:

If you prefer to make your bread the hard way by kneading and punching down that is your choice. I prefer to use the bread maker.
1)    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, if you do not have a timer 20 minutes will suffice.
2)    Using a bread maker, place the ingredients in the bread maker in the order listed.
3)    Set the bread maker to dough setting, it will do the mixing and the resting to rise all by itself.
4)    Upon the sound of the buzzer, remove the dough from the bread maker and shape the loaves and place into two greased 9-in x 5-in loaf pans. Allow to rise until doubled in size, and place in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes.

Tip: 
  • Since then I have made this same herb bread 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 high gluten bread flour. It is equally delicious.       

No comments:

Post a Comment