About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Friday, December 30, 2016

Guacamole Deviled Eggs_Delicious and Healthy


Guacamole Deviled Eggs

 Deviled Eggs or Angel Eggs as our family calls them are a favorite side dish for a carry in meal. However, I never liked them. I thought it was a good way to ruin an egg, the reason being, I do not like mayonnaise or mustard.


This holiday season I wanted to try my hand at making guacamole-deviled eggs, however, the recipes all differed far too much. I remembered mom making standard deviled eggs and just adding mayonnaise and mustard to the egg yolk left extra filling in the bowl. So taking four eggs and adding two avocados and other ingredients I knew there would be way too much filling for the eggs.

Keeping this in mind, I thought I would simply make my guacamole recipe using avocados, cumin, garlic powder, sweet onion, tomato, jalapeno peppers, lime juice and salt and pepper. Normally I would have used a red or orange sweet pepper for the guacamole; I simply did not have any.

After boiling a dozen eggs, peeling and cutting them in ½, making the guacamole, I took an egg and did a trial run. I popped out the egg yolk then added the same amount of guacamole and mashed it all together. I then filled the egg halves and tasted. It was an oh my goodness moment. The taste of this deviled egg was one that I could enjoy.

Since I made a large batch of guacamole, I could enjoy guacamole deviled eggs as well as dip and eat chips and crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment