About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Gluten Free Rhubarb Banana Bread

This gluten free rhubarb banana bread recipe was created out of the need to not only have something gluten free, but use the ripe bananas on the counter. I however wanted to make rhubarb bread so there in the dilemma started. 

I searched and searched for a gluten free rhubarb bread that didn't demand a special blend of gluten free flour and came up empty handed. I like the comfort of the all purpose gluten free flour from Bob Red Mills. In baking my quick breads it does a wonderful job.

Keeping in mind my hubby is not picky, he just wanted some sweet bread to take to work, therefore I took a chance of combining the 2 flavors and it worked.


Ingredients to make Gluten Free Rhubarb Banana Bread:


  • 2 cups raw sugar
  • 6 very ripe bananas
  • 2 cups rhubarb; finely chopped 
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 cups gluten free all purpose flour; I prefer Bob Red Mills All Purpose Flour
  • 1 tsp Himalayan salt
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp xanthan gum
  • 1-2 tsp pumpkin spice; too much will over power the banana flavor
  • 3 loaf pans


Instructions on how to make Gluten Free Rhubarb Banana Bread:


  1. Move your oven rack so it is in the center. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If your oven does not have a timer, 15 minutes will suffice.
  2. Sift dry ingredients; salt, baking soda and flour, 3 times and set aside for later.
  3. Using ripe bananas, mix in the sugar, rhubarb, eggs, xanthan gum and pumpkin spice. Beat it well.
  4. Add in flour mix little by little and mix well.
  5. Pour into 3 greased loaf pans and bake in the preheated 350-degree oven for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Slice it up warm and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment