About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gluten-Free Banana Lemon Loaf Recipe

Learning to bake gluten-free required many changes in our family’s lives. However, a recipe as Gluten-Free Banana Lemon Loaf eases the challenge and my recipe is one my sister’s love. As far as I can tell, the biggest adjustment will be felt in your wallet, as everything costs so much more.




Ingredients needed to make gluten-free banana lemon loaf:


·       1 cup  olive oil
·       1 ¼ cups sugar
·       3-4 ripe bananas
·       4 large eggs
·       3 tsp baking powder
·       ½  tsp Himalayan salt
·       1 ½ tsp xanthan gum
·       2 cups of All-purpose Gluten Free flour; I prefer Bob Red Mills
·       4 tbsp sugar
·       1 tbsp lemon juice

Instructions to make gluten-free banana lemon loaf:


1.     Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit, if you do not have a timer 20-30 minutes will suffice.
2.     I do not believe in making any more dirty dishes wash than possible, however if you choose to sift the flour, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum you can.
3.     Beat the oil, sugar, bananas and eggs together until smooth.
4.     Add the baking soda, salt, xanthan gum and flour, mix on low until blended.
5.     Pour into a large loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6.     Mix the sugar with the lemon juice and drizzle over the top. (I like it lemony so I used a tad more lemon juice)
7.     This banana loaf is moist and lemony, it will stay fresh for a couple of days, however, without any preservatives in the bread it would be best to refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment