|Delicious Salsa and chips|
For several years, I have made salsa from garden fresh tomatoes and it was good and using Mrs. Wages Salsa Mix even easier. One year I had so many zucchini's and tomatoes coming on at the same time; I decided to try something I have never done before by making salsa from using them both. Let me share with your how I made zucchini tomato salsa with this easy recipe.
Ingredients to make Zucchini Tomato Salsa:
- 2 larger zucchini
- 9-10 tomatoes
- ½ cup white vinegar
- Mrs. Wages Salsa Mix
- Jalapeño peppers, optional for added heat
Instructions to make Zucchini Tomato Salsa:
- Head out to that garden, hopefully, it is as near organic like ours, and pick those tasty tomatoes and zucchini. Make sure your tomatoes are firm and free from bruises or blemish spots. You will need approximately 2 large sized zucchini and 9-10 tomatoes.
- Take your zucchini and tomatoes in the house, run a sink full of cold water and wash them very well. Even organic fruit needs washed.
- Using a big stockpot or large pan for this project; place the zucchini and tomatoes in your stockpot and cook on medium heat until tender. ** You may want a cup of water so they do not stick or scorch.
- Put your cooked vegetables in your ricer and rice until smooth. When it comes to ricers there are manual ones of different styles or electric ones. If you are going to be processing a lot of fruits and vegetables, invest in the best you can afford. For smaller amounts, the old manual one works great.
- Measure out 5 pints (10 cups) zucchini and tomato mixture and put it back in the stockpot. Add to the mix ½ cup white vinegar
- Add1 package of Mrs. Wages Salsa mix (Onion, Green Pepper, Jalapeno, Chili peppers, Garlic and Salt), bring to a full boil, and stir often. Reduce the heat to simmer 10 minutes or until as thick as you like it. We like ours thicker so I will let it cook a bit longer.
- Your zucchini tomato salsa is ready to serve, can or freeze. You can enjoy the salsa now with nacho or corn chips and in the winter months.