About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Jell-o Cheesecake an Easy Recipe

This Christmas won't be the same without mom, but to make it seem a little closer to normal we've decided to make a meal that reminded us of her and her fabulous cooking. It won't be ham or turkey on Christmas for us, instead the menu will consist of sloppy joe's, chili and potato Soup. Just like mom would do it, there will be a lot of food and plenty of desserts. Among the favorites for all generations are banana and pumpkin and zucchini breads, blueberry cobbler and lime and cherry Jello cheesecakes.
Christmas isn't all about gifts; Christmas is about Jesus' love. Family, good food and fellowship equal love for me. Try this recipe on your dinner table this holiday, and you may just end up with a new family tradition of your own.


Ingredients to make Jell-O Cheesecake:

  • 2 cups graham crackers; crushed
  • 1/4 cup butter;melted
  • 9-inch X 13-inch glass cake pan
 
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 1 can Milnot; chilled
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 small box of Jell-O; any flavor
  • 8 oz cream cheese 

Instructions to make Jell-O Cheesecake:

  1. Crush the graham crackers and then add the melted butter.
  2. Mix well and press into a 9-inch X 13-inch glass cake pan.
  3. Taking the chilled milnot whip it with one cup of sugar, add the vanilla and refrigerate.
  4. Dissolve the Jell-O in one cup of hot water. Let cool.
  5. Whip the cream cheese and add the cooled Jell-O. Slowly add the chilled milnot and pour into the crust. 
  6. Allow it to set up, cut and serve.

1 comment: