About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Instructions on Folding and Cutting a Paper Snowflake



Snowflakes with glitter are so pretty and easy to make. After all, when you look out at your yard after a coating of fresh snow it glistens just like glitter.   Reach down inside and find that kid that still resides in you make some paper snowflakes and add a touch of glitter.

Folding and cutting a paper snowflake was something we did as kids. If you are like me, you have totally forgotten how to do it. No big deal, there are Google sites to remind us. So be a kid again, fold and cut a paper snowflake.


Since I am paper snowflake challenged, I actually had to go to the internet and do a Google search for snowflake patterns to get me started, if you are like me you may have to do the same.  After you find a pattern, print it out or use a plain piece of paper.
 
Fold your paper in half the long side. Then fold it in half the short side. Make a triangle shaped fold in your paper, and keep folding it over, it will take 3 or 4 folds. Now if you are snowflake challenged as I am, start with the pattern you printed from the internet.
Cut out the shaded parts they’ve give you. If you are the artistic type, draw an outline on your folded paper and cut it out. When you unfold it, you will have a paper snowflake.




Things you will need for folding and cutting paper snowflakes:


  • Paper
  • Scissors
  • Pattern
  • Internet connection, optional 
  • Glitter
  • Elmer's glue
  • Snowflake Pattern
  • Scissors
  • Newspaper; for the Mess



Instructions to glitter paper snowflakes:



  1. Sprinkle on the glitter very generously and shake the excess onto the newspaper. It may be necessary to apply a second coat of glitter or fill in spots that need it.
  2. If you do specialty type snowflakes like the Holly pattern above, use green glitter and add 3 spots of glue in the center and sprinkle on red glitter for the berries. There also are patterns for snowmen and Christmas trees, use the appropriate colored glitter for the snowflake pattern you choose.
  3. Glittered snowflakes are good to display hanging from your Christmas Tree, windows or decorating gift bags. Don’t be afraid to think like Martha Stewart, be creative when design and glittering your snowflakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment