Wonderful pie recipes start appearing this time of year as you start planning Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Walnut Molasses Pie is an easy one to make and so delicious for any sweet tooth. My husband rarely eats pie; however, he requested I make this one. I hope you try making a walnut molasses pie for your family and friends it is so good.
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup corn syrup
- 1/4 Cup mild molasses
- 1 Cup chopped walnuts
- 1 10-Inch unbaked piecrust
Instructions to make the Walnut Molasses Pie:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, if you do not have a timer 20-30 minutes will suffice.
- Using a medium sized bowl beat the eggs. To your eggs, add melted butter, vanilla, salt and nutmeg, mix well.
- To your egg mixture, add the brown sugar, corn syrup and molasses. Mix well again. (If you are a diabetic, I would skip this pie this year.)
- Chop your walnuts into small pieces and sprinkle them in unbaked 10-inch piecrust.
- Pour the egg, sugar, molasses & corn syrup mixture over the nuts.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Let your walnut molasses pie cool a bit, then slice up, and enjoy.