About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Stromboli Sandwich


As I was driving, I thought of the wonderful Stromboli sandwich we used to get in our local pizza parlor. I liked it so much I figured out how to make my own version of the sandwich. Well now, that pizza place is no longer there, so I am glad I learned make my own Stromboli so I can still enjoy it from time to time. The Stromboli sandwich is a lot like pizza, you can change it up to suit your family.


Ingredients for Stromboli Sandwich:

  • 1 or 2 loaves French bread
  • 1 pound of turkey sausage
  • 8 oz of button mushrooms
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 onion
  • Pizza sauce, canned or homemade.
  • Romano cheese
  • Mozzarella cheese

Instructions for making a Stromboli Sandwich:

  1. First thing I did was make my own homemade sauce. You can use canned sauce but I still having fresh tomatoes. 5-10 tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, (fennel, oregano & Pizza seasoning sprinkled in,) 1 onion, 1 green pepper, stevia to sweeten a bit and little water and vinegar to start it off cooking. Add salt and pepper to taste. Rice your sauce to make it smooth just like you would do if you were making tomato juice.
  2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  3. Brown your ground turkey sausage, add the mushrooms to your sausage and simmer. Add a little of your homemade sauce and let simmer. Use approximately 1/2 of what you made.
  4. Add your onions and green peppers and simmer. We like ours on the crunchier side, so make sure not to cook yours to long. 
  5. Buy foil, making sure it's long enough to go around your Stromboli sandwich. Cut your bread in 1/2 and put sauce on each side. Sprinkle with Romano Cheese.
  6. Put your meat mixture on one side and top with Mozzarella cheese. I only had shredded but slices of Mozzarella cheese would make it easier. 
  7. Wrap the Stromboli sandwich up sealing the ends. 
  8. Bake in the pre-heated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes. 
  9. Slice it up and enjoy. Keep a fork handy to scrap up what falls off.

1 comment: