About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Naked Lily



Acccording to Wikipedia, "Amaryllis (pronounced/ˌæməˈrɪlɨs/is also known as the belladonna lily, the naked lady, or an amarillo. The genus has two species and the more famous of the two, Amaryllis belladonna, is a native of South Africa, particularly the rocky southwest region near the Cape. It should not be confused with Hippeastrum, a flowering bulb commonly sold in the winter months for its ability to bloom indoors."
Our family loves beautiful flowers and the naked lily produces such awesome foliage in the spring and then beautiful flowers in August. God certainly has given a beautiful array of flowers to enjoy at this year.








This post linked to Macro Flower Saturday
and Macro Monday



5 comments:

  1. Very pretty and the children are precious too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, naked lily. Gorgeous blooms.

    My first Macro Flower Saturday entry, your visit will be highly appreciated. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I didn't realize that they got so tall! ---The children look more beautiful than the flowers, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some special flowers, so, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete