About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Field Trip to Notre Dame University

 Attending the field trip to Notre Dame University with my grandson. Going with him year after year has been a treat for me as much as it if for  him.
 This year he is in the 5th grade and there trip was to visit Notre Dame and the famous golden dome.
 After much of the tour with Allie, we were told once you are a student at Notre Dame, it is a superstition, if you go down the main stairs leading to the main building or the golden dome, you will not graduate. Therefore, we went down the steps and she went the alternate route. It was a great view and made a good photo opt.
 This is the library wall and the painting is called Touchdown Jesus. Why? I have no clue.
 Here the grandson stands by the football/Lou Holtz statue.
 My grandson loved this picture and wanted to act as if he was holding it up. I simply wanted him to stand by the picture, he jumped underneath.
 This is the grotto, many catholic children were in the group and knew exactly what to do. It was a new experience for my grandson. According to ND website, "The Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes is one-seventh the size of the famed French shrine where the Virgin Mary appeared to Saint Bernadette on 18 occasions in 1858. Visiting the site on one of his many trips to his native country, Notre Dame founder Father Edward Sorin vowed to reproduce it on the campus of his new university. A gift from Rev. Thomas Carroll, a former theology student, made it possible in 1896. Boulders from surrounding farms, most weighing two tons or more, were used in its construction."
 The children did not think they would be able to see the stadium as it was not on the tour. Our little group was lucky, in the sense, that Allie had the key to the gate as she worked with the team. I'm sure they told the other groups when they got back to the school. It was cool to watch them look around.
 My grandson outside the stadium beside the Knute Rockne statue. This was the last thing they did before heading back to the bus.
My personal favorite. The field was being watered, at first they attempted to stay out of the water. Here, my grandson, is escaping the stream. Well, after seeing another jump into the stream, he got a tad wet too. It was  a beautiful 78 degrees May 6th so he dried quickly.
Again, I loved the chance to go on the field trip and as long as I am available I will always go and be with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment