About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Gluten-Free Sage Dressing Bread Recipe

The recipe for gluten-free sage dressing bread was born with my love of my moms sage bread dressing. Now that I am eating gluten-free, it seemed silly to buy an expensive loaf of bread just to add some herbs and vegetables.Using my revised gluten-free sandwich bread recipe from Bob Red Mill, I then added what it would take to make sage dressing.



Ingredients to make Gluten-Free Sage Dressing Bread Recipe:

  • 3-1/2 tsp Bob Red Mill's xanthan gum
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar 
  • 2 large eggs  
  • 1/4 cup olive oil 
  • 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp of almond milk
  • 1 tbsp yeast
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour; I prefer Bob Red Mills 
 
 
  • 1 or 2-cups celery; chopped
  • 1 large onion; chopped
  • 2 tbsp sage 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-4 cups turkey broth; enough to make moist but not mushy
  • 1 tsp garlic; dried chopped or powder
  • 1 tsp onion; dried or powder
  • Salt and black pepper; to taste
  • turkey; chopped for added flavor
****Now in 2021, attempting to make a tasty bread became too expensive. I now buy bread and use it. Your choice of gluten free bread, just use one loaf, cube and dry a day before making dressing. I typically don't measure; sorry I learned that from my mom, just add the amount of celery, onion and spices to suit your taste. I did learn the hard way, you can add too much ground sage, so be careful 😉

 

Instruction to make Gluten-Free Sage Dressing Bread Recipe:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Without wasting time or dishes, add in your mixing bowl, all the ingredients in the order listed and mix until blended.

Pour into a greased 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan, smooth out the top and pop into the oven.

Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until the top is browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment