|Zucchini Brownies ready to take to church|
I have used zucchini’s in salsa, breads, pie and cake in the past; however, this year I wanted something slightly different to share with my family at this year’s family camp.
Not even sure the recipe existed I searched for a zucchini brownie recipe, there were several, however, this moist fudgy and gooey recipe stood out to me.
I am not sure mine is a gooey as the picture from the original recipe I found on crazyforcrust, however, it was delicious and not a bit was left.
|Garden Fresh Shredded Zucchini|
Ingredients for the Zucchini Brownies:
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups garden fresh zucchini; shredded
- 2 cups all-purpose or high gluten flour
- 3-5 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts; optional
Ingredients for the chocolate frosting:
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup butter; melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Instructions to make the Zucchini Brownie:
|Hot out of the oven.|
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit. Using a 9-inch x13-inch glass baking pan, line the bottom with parchment paper and if you want you can spray it with cooking spray.
- Using bread hooks on your mixer is best, as this batter is very thick. In your mixing bowl, (I do not believe in using more than one bowl); therefore, add the ingredients in the order listed adding the water last to make a thick cookie dough like batter. The water you use is determined by the moisture in your zucchini. Do not add too much water or it will be more like cake than a brownie.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes until the brownies spring back when gently touched or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the brownie is baking, whip up the frosting. Spread the frosting on the brownies after they have cooled a little. I prefer to frost the brownies while slightly warm; however, you can do as you like and wait until they are completely cooled.
- Cut into squares and watch the zucchini brownies disappear.