About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Zucchini Brownies: Fudgy and Gooey Recipe

Zucchini Brownies ready to take to church
It is harvest season once again in Indiana. This year the cucumbers and zucchini are growing in abundance, so much that I have given many away and left wondering what can I make with them?
I have used zucchini’s in salsa, breads, pie and cake in the past; however, this year I wanted something slightly different to share with my family at this year’s family camp.
Not even sure the recipe existed I searched for a zucchini brownie recipe, there were several, however, this moist fudgy and gooey recipe stood out to me.
I am not sure mine is a gooey as the picture from the original recipe I found on crazyforcrust, however, it was delicious and not a bite was left.
Garden Fresh Shredded Zucchini

Ingredients for the Zucchini Brownies:

  • ½  cup cocao powder
  • 1 ½  teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
  • ½  cup Olive or coconut oil
  • 1 ½  cups sugar; currently using coconut sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups garden fresh zucchini; shredded 
  • 2 cups all-purpose or high gluten flour
  • 3-5 tablespoons water
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts; optional

 

Ingredients for the chocolate frosting:

  • 3 tablespoons cocao powder
  • ¼  cup butter; melted
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • ¼  cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt

 

Instructions to make the Zucchini Brownie:



Hot out of the oven.
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit. Using a 9-inch x13-inch glass baking pan, line the bottom with parchment paper and if you want you can spray it with cooking spray.
  2. Using bread hooks on your mixer is best, as this batter is very thick. In your mixing bowl, (I do not believe in using more than one bowl); therefore, add the ingredients in the order listed adding the water last to make a thick cookie dough like batter. The water you use is determined by the moisture in your zucchini.  Do not add too much water or it will be more like cake than a brownie.
  3. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes until the brownies spring back when gently touched or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  4. While the brownie is baking, whip up the frosting. Spread the frosting on the brownies after they have cooled a little. I prefer to frost the brownies while slightly warm; however, you can do as you like and wait until they are completely cooled.
  5. Cut into squares and watch the zucchini brownies disappear.
***I doubled the recipe and spread into 3 aluminum pans, which is easier to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment