|Gluten-Free Zucchini Brownies|
I am actually finding the no corn part to be the hardest as it is in everything, however, this recipe for gluten-free zucchini brownies is delicious and fits the bill.
Ingredients for the Zucchini Brownies:
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ cup coconut oil/olive oil/soybean oil; your choice
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla
- 2 cups garden fresh zucchini; shredded
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour; I prefer Bob Red Mills all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3-5 tablespoons water; only if needed
- 1/2 cup
chopped walnuts; optional
Ingredients for the chocolate frosting:
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup butter; melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup almond or cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Instructions to make the Zucchini Brownie:
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit. Using a 9-inch x13-inch glass baking pan and spray it with cooking spray.
- In your mixing bowl, (I do not believe in using more than one bowl); therefore, add the ingredients in the order listed adding the water last to make a thicker batter. The water you use is determined by the moisture in your zucchini. Do not add too much water or it will be more like cake than a brownie. ***I made the Gluten-Free Zucchini Brownies without any added water.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes until the brownies spring back when gently touched or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the brownie is baking, whip up the frosting. Spread the frosting on the brownies after they have cooled a little. I prefer to frost the brownies while slightly warm; however, you can do as you like and wait until they are completely cooled.
- Cut into squares and watch the Gluten-Free zucchini brownies disappear.