About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

How to Make Authentic Mexican Enchilada Sauce Recipe


I was in search of an authentic enchilada sauce recipe and no two recipes were alike. One actually had canned enchilada sauce built into the recipe. This would not do, I wanted an authentic Mexican enchilada sauce recipe.
I have been blessed with a wonderful sister-n-law that is a great cook. She also happens to be Hispanic. After arranging to get together, she showed me how to make authentic Mexican enchilada sauce.
She usually does not measure anything when she makes her enchilada sauce, she tastes the sauce until it is the way she wants it, however this time she tried to keep accurate measurements for me.
Now, let me share with you, the best I can, how to make Authentic Mexican Enchilada Sauce Recipe.

Ingredients needed to Make Authentic Mexican Enchilada Sauce Recipe:
  • 1 lb Ground beef or ground turkey
  •  4-5 Tsp garlic powder
  •  3-4 Tsp onion powder
  •  1 Tsp cumin
  •  1 Tsp chili powder
  •  Pinch of Sea salt and Black pepper
  •  4 Ounces tomato sauce
  •  4 Heaping tbsp of any gluten free flour or use cornstarch
  •  1 1/2 Cup of water
  •  1 1/2 Knorr chicken bouillon cubes, Knorr is gluten-free!
  •  1 Tbsp olive oil
  •  5-6 Cups water
  •  4-5 Tsp chili powder

Instructions to Make Authentic Mexican Enchilada Sauce Recipe:


  1. In a big heavy pot, on low heat, brown the meat you will use for your burrito or enchilada's. If you eat red meat, you can use ground beef if not use ground turkey.
  2. While the meat is browning, start adding garlic, onion, cumin and chili powders.****I listed the ingredients in the order you need to use them.
  3. Add to that a pinch of each sea salt and black pepper. Now this is all personal preference so you may want more by the time it's all done.
  4. After the meat is browned, stir in tomato sauce. Add Knorr chicken bouillon cubes, olive oil and water to the meat mixture.
  5. Turn your heat down just a little. While that is simmering, put the flour in 1 1/2 cups water, stir until all mixed together. Slowly start stirring in the floured water, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
  6. Your enchilada sauce is now starting to thicken and it's time to add the chili powder. Blend it in little by little, until you get the desired taste you want. As you add the chili powder, you will see it turn reddish. Taste your sauce, if not enough spice to suit you, continue to add chili powder.
  7. **I was told that you really could not get to much garlic or chili powder.
  8. You can use your enchilada sauce for enchiladas, or you can do as we do and pour over your wet burrito.
  9. Serve with Spanish rice.
  10. Authentic Enchilada Sauce Mexican Recipe style is so good if you like making Tex-Mex food it is a must try.

No comments:

Post a Comment