About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Coffee Can Bird Feeder: DIY Recycle and Reuse

Red Finch enjoying black oiled Sunflower Seeds
We are staying somewhat sane this frigid winter with drinking hot coffee and by watching and feeding the birds, it only made sense to reuse, recycle, and make a DIY project coffee can birdhouse.


This do it yourself project, is designed around the brand of coffee you drink, and the shape and size of the coffee can. Let your mind go wild and use your imagination. We personally bounce between Folgers Coffee and Maxwell House which ever is on sale. Saving money on coffee is essential; therefore, recycling the coffee can (as well as a old metal coat hanger) with a DIY project makes sense.

One of the Red Finch enjoying the seeds
Assess the shape and contour of the coffee can you have chosen to use, it does not take a blueprint so just start designing. The hardest part is measuring and cutting the holes. You do not want them too small for the bird. Ours is large enough they can get the seeds easily and often even go inside the can to eat.

Recycle and reuse those coffee cans, design and make your own coffee can bird feeder the red finches, sparrows, doves, snow birds and even the squirrel is enjoying feeding time at the farm.

           

Bird Watching 

*****I'm not sure what is going on but I am not being allowed to respond to comments.

1 comment: