About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Merry Christmas

As I was growing up, everyone wished everyone Merry Christmas, now days it is rare to hear anyone wish you a Merry Christmas, unless it is someone you personally know.

While shopping in stores, even on Black Friday, you may be greeted with Happy Holiday. On television, you will hear about Holiday Trees and cards. These so-called trees are evergreen trees that are decorated with glass bulbs, lights, angels, card and tinsel.

Cards made for this very specific holiday aka Jesus’ Birthday or Christmas, is often referred to as a holiday card. Oh my goodness, if you are making, buying and sending a card on Christmas, what is wrong in calling it a Christmas card?

It is explained away as they do not want to offend non-Christians, however, how many Christians are being offended with a Happy Holiday or a Season’s Greeting? We are celebrating the birth of Christ on December 25th, what are they celebrating?

Matthew 1:18-21 Now this is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant by the Holy Spirit.
19 Joseph, her fiancee, being a just man, decided to break the engagement quietly, so as not to disgrace her publicly.
20 As he considered this, he fell asleep, and an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. "Joseph, son of David," the angel said, "do not be afraid to go ahead with your marriage to Mary. For the child within her has been conceived by the Holy Spirit.
21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins."


Read more on Bubblews:
It's About the Cross

Therefore, I am wishing you all an early Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment