About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Friday, November 21, 2014

Safely Home from Kentucky

Z acting like the Statue of Liberty
I was in Kentucky east of Louisville this last week for our granddaughter’s grandparent’s day for kindergarten. School was closed on Monday as they had a band of wet heavy snow go through, however, nothing compared to the lake effect snow Buffalo saw.
 

We here in Northern Indiana get the same lake effect snow, however, our area was missed this go round which made me very happy since I had to travel north. I cannot imagine getting that much snow so early and all at once.

Praise Jesus, I made it in record time and home safely on a chilly and extremely windy, however, sunny day. The bummer of it all is, I thought my hip pain was getting better with the Diclofena the doctor prescribed as well as the MSM I took all week. I do not know if it is the cooler temperatures, lack of exercise, diet or setting on my butt for hours on end, or old age, but my first rest stop was quick and painful and has not eased up yet.

Z ready for school in her new coat
Therefore, I am home, attempted to resume my normal schedule this morning by hitting the gym, and only made 3 miles on the Elliptical. It is a start after being off schedule for a week. Prayerfully next week, I will be as good as new.

For now, I am thankful to have made a round trip to Kentucky to see my girls safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment