|Boiled Eggs for Egg Salad|
Do you take sandwiches for lunch time at work but just get tired of the same-old thing all the time?
My step-daughter did, she wanted to know how to make Egg Salad for sandwiches.
Therefore, if you want an easy recipe to take a plain old egg and turn it into egg salad.
|Recipe for Egg Salad|
This recipe for egg salad is easy to make, packed with protein, cost effective and versatile to change to your own taste. Besides protein, eggs are a great source vitamin A, D and B12. Eggs, even if they are free range, make an inexpensive meal and you can use them in many different recipes.
If you are concerned about your cholesterol, you can still eat eggs, just do not over do it.
For this recipe for egg salad, you will need:
- 10-12 eggs; boiled
- 2 stalks of celery; minced
- 1 small onion; minced
- 1 tsp black pepper; or to taste
- 1 tsp onion powder; or to taste
- 1 tsp garlic juice or powder; or to taste
- 1 tablespoon of yellow or Dijon mustard
- Miracle whip, salad dressing or Mayo; enough to make moist; start with 4 heaping tablespoons
- Basil, oregano and thyme; optional
- Colby cheese; optional
Steps for making this recipe for egg salad:
- Put eggs in saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. After the eggs are hard-boiled, empty off the hot water and fill the pan with cool water to make peeling the eggs easier
- Peel the eggs then rinse to remove any eggshell particles. Put back into the saucepan for later use.
- Wash 2 stalks of celery and mince into small pieces.
- Peel, rinse and mince into small pieces, a small onion. If you do not have any small onions, use ½ of a medium onion.
- Chop the eggs into small chunks, add to the eggs, the celery and onions, add spices and stir.
- Add 1 tablespoon of mustard of choice, salad dressing, miracle whip or Mayo and mix. Add more salad dressing until the recipe for egg salad is moist and spreadable.
- Using a small spoon taste the recipe for egg salad and adjust the spices if needed.
- Store the recipe for egg salad in the refrigerator in a sealed bowl.
If you want it to have less cholesterol, remove 6 of the egg yolks before chopping the eggs.
Add cheese, basil, oregano and thyme for added flavor.