About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Early January Snowdrop Flowers

Close up on Snowdrops
The weather in Indiana this winter has been extremely wacky. Our flowers do not know what season it is. Strange as it is our snowdrops that usually do not appear until late February were up in the last week of January. Many of the other spring flowers as well as the grass are trying to green up too.
Snowdrops

According to Garden Guides, " The white flowers are usually borne singly, mostly in early spring but sometimes in mid to late winter, which makes them the earliest flowering bulb." They also added, "The bulbs should be planted 3-4 inches deep in early autumn in fertile soil. They will thrive in sun or shade. Use the in rock gardens or as an edging plant."

I love seeing my flowers, however, it is February 2012 so here in Indiana we will see many more cool winter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment