About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tomato Basil Soup

Tomatoes and Basil are both high in vitamin K however, for me that isn’t the best part of eating the two. When you combine garden fresh tomatoes and basil, they make a fantastic soup that you will enjoy in the summer months as well as in the winter. Plan on making a large batch of soup and either freezing or canning it.

According to Dr Andrew Weil, “Vitamin K is an essential nutrient necessary for blood clotting - it regulates normal blood clotting by helping the body transport calcium. Vitamin K may also be helpful for bone health: it may reduce bone loss, and decrease risk of bone fractures. It also may prevent calcification of arteries and other soft tissue.”

Recipe for tomato basil soup


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this time of year for one reason and one reason alone - garden fresh basil and tomatoes! I make a similar soup freqently... can't get enough of it. I didn't know about Vitamin K. Thanks for sharing such great info.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing all these fabulous tomato recipes and I'm SO jealous! Tomatoes just don't do so well in AK. :( sad face. I really miss making and canning soup.

    Thanks for linking this up to Friday Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tomatoes, especially when they are home grown.

    ReplyDelete