About Me

My photo
IN, United States
I love the Lord and my big crazy family. My husband and I have been together for 44 years. I am a mother of two grown children and a grandmother to four biological grandchildren and 5 others. Many sites have been sold or did upgrades which messed up back links, if you find a broken link let me know and I will fix it.I have written online articles for Bubblews, Seekyt, TopicSpotter and Triond. You may still find some of my articles on Ehow/Demand Studio.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Sunflowers


We love sunflowers and apparently so do the birds and bees.
Sunflowers are one of the easiest flowers to grow. If the seed hits the ground and gets just a bit of moisture it's off. That's why we choose to line our garden with them and if the grow and not in the way of our vegetables we just leave them.







This post linked to Macro Flower Saturday
and Macro Monday

10 comments:

  1. I didn't know they are so easy to grow. The ones grown in gardens here ( not mine) usually died after they bloomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hungry bee on that big flower head. I had two different sunflowers grow in my garden this year. They were gifts from my yard birds. They are certainly a beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sunflowers!
    Lovely macro shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sunflower! Your photos are amazing.

    Hope you'd find time to visit me here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice sunny collection of flowers and my grands and I love eating the seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday a friend stopped by with a sunflower. Completely brightened my day.

    Great captures.

    ReplyDelete